Rawr v2.3.1 TONIGHT

Topics: Rawr.Base
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 3:28 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Looks like a very good chance WoW 3.3 will be released tomorrow morning, so we're going to release Rawr v2.3.0 tonight. I'm going to make the release immediately after my raid finishes at midnight PST (that's 4.5hr from now). Devs, please get whatever you can checked in before then, for WoW 3.3 support! I'm sick, so won't be waiting around for much, sorry.

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 4:19 AM

I'll have a quick fix for a TankDK  bug in the next hour or so.

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Is the ItemDB being updated to have the new ICC items (at least what's known)?

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I think he already added them earlier today

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Actually, my raid is prolly gunna end early, it looks like. Please PM/IM me if you're still working on something for Rawr v2.3, and want the extra time.

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 6:32 AM

wow, I seriously didn't believe that Blizzard would release gated content right before Christmas, so that we get gated content, possibly bugged, while they are having their vacation... This seems like a really poor idea from Blizzard.

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Hmm - I'm almost certain I saw a blue post (from Zarhym perhaps) saying that they would not release a big patch before holidays - or something like that.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

It's on the news when you login. Extended downtime, 1AM to 11AM. Definitely 3.3.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Released.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2009 at 9:22 AM

And just in time for server shutdowns.

*downloads program and goes to bed*

edit:

patch is official

http://www.worldofraids.com/wow-blue-tracker/us-forums/21627634661-3-3-is-gonna-be-out.html#5

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM
TNSe wrote:

wow, I seriously didn't believe that Blizzard would release gated content right before Christmas, so that we get gated content, possibly bugged, while they are having their vacation... This seems like a really poor idea from Blizzard.

This is as predicted though, its two and a half weeks to Xmas so plenty of time to have staff fix stuff. I know you just had thanksgiving and its the "holiday season" but surely they would be expected their staff to do some work between now and Xmas? If they left it later it would be tight for Xmas and so delayed into January.

This way they can lock the gate on the second part until Jan 5th or 12th, and have a month of first 4 bosses which will be a pretty slack month anyway. That in itself should limit the issues arising until after the staff are back in normal routines in Jan. We'd then have a few weeks on second part taking us into late Jan/early Feb, when they open up the last bit they have coded. I'd also expect a new PTR at that point ie: late Jan/early Feb to test the final bosses including Arthas himself. I'd then expect that patch to go live early March.

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Like an idiot - forgot to check in the change to Enchants that is a key change for this 3.3 patch.  I rarely have changes to common areas so I spaced on it.  It has the new Rune of Nerubian Carapace in it that is key for DW TankDKs.

Sorry.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM

We'll do 2.3.1 tonight. Same time.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

The whole holiday thing: they meant that they wouldn't release it the week of a holiday.  People were saying 3.3 would drop on the week of Thanksgiving, and that would have been a terrible idea.  Not only does it mean no support on Thurs/Friday, but it also means that people are stuck in the uncomfortable position of wanting to raid on Thanksgiving night.  Those who choose family will complain about not being able to keep up with server firsts and the like, and those who choose the game will piss off their families and that's bad marketing.

This week makes a lot more sense; there's still time for people to work on server firsts, and the timing means that we'll probably see the next gate opened right after the Christmas holidays, (I'd bet on the first week of January).

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Chill of the Throne was throwing dodge % chance under 0%.  I've fixed this for the next version.

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I'll do something similar.  I had the floor in the calculations, but the UI would still show the negative value.  I can see how that would look bad to the user, based on the related defect you're referring to.  So I've moved the floor into the display also.

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

You should be fine now.  In fact you should be able to unfloor your calculations and displays.  This wasn't something calculated in the individual models, but rather in StatConversion.cs.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM

As an FYI, I have uploaded a patch to add Arcane Empowerment to the Buff tab. The Talent now adds a Ferocious Inspiration or Sanctified Retribution type of 3% Damage buff.

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM

My sincere apologies for asking such a dumb question here but: Do I need to sync from somewhere else to get 2.3.0? I was hoping to start syncing and building it daily instead of waiting between releases. I'm able to sync the source and build it, but the version is 2.28. Thanks!

Developer
Dec 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Astry hasn't checked in the assemblies for 2.3.0 so it will identify itself as such, the program from source still is 2.3.0 tho

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Ah, ok thanks. That makes sense.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Whoops, forgot to check those in last night, sorry. Twas midnight, and I'm sick. Checked in now.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Astryl is still sick, and he's being a slacker and going to bed.

We'll post a new version in the morning.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM

OK, so 'morning' became tonight. Making the build very soon (PM/IM me if you're working on something and want me to wait). Sorry, sickness and raiding got in the way of last night and this morning.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Hi. I cant see the ICC Items. Is there any option to activate the 3.3 item DataBase?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2009 at 9:23 AM

In Rawr2, yes. Not in Rawr3, yet. I'll try to get a new Rawr3 build posted, with 3.3 items, in the next few days.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2009 at 9:48 AM

v2.3.1 released.

*zonk*

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM

the warlock talent tree still need an update and the rotation spell priority is still not working well for demo spec since u use soulfire as a filler at 35% or less and shadowbolt as a filler when it is above plus u use incinerate 3 times when molten core is up

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Warlock could use various updates - perhaps I'll do some work on it when I'm done with Tree

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM

ArPhar has a huge update to Warlock coming in the next day or two.