make wow addon with relative stats

Topics: Rawr.Addon, Rawr.Base
Jan 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM

I use an addon Pawn, to calculate the benefits of an item, but for me, tiring constantly run Rawr, imports relative values of the article. It has to do after using an item of each new, and I would like to automate this process. This can be accomplished in several ways:
1. use the basic version of the addon Pawn, and refine the automatic recount.
2. create a separate addon that will do the counting of these values, which can then be imported into the Pawn.
3. create a separate addon that will calculate the values of similar addon Pawn.

tnx.

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Uhhh.... What?

I know english may not be everyone's first language, but please try to make at least a reasonable attempt at it? I don't think anyone has a clue what you're saying.

About all I can say is that there already is an export to Pawn from Rawr. Pay very close attention to the GIGANTIC RED WARNING on the Relative Stat Values chart.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Install the Lootplan addon from curse.com and export the upgrade list to it. Exporting will copy it to the clipboard which you simply need to paste within lootplan in-game.

In lootplan settings tell it to show item-notes which will contain the upgrade value.

That's how I do it.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Wow, that's interesting.  The OP used some HTML translator from Russian to English.  It embedded span title="[original russian text]" so when I mouse over it, I see the text s/he translated.

My curiosity is piqued.

/hijack

Editor
Jan 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Okay, that's seriously awesome.

Developer
Jan 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I'm so gonna pull that on people now. Look for the hidden meanings!

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM
ceearrashee wrote:

I use an addon Pawn, to calculate the benefits of an item, but for me, tiring constantly run Rawr, imports relative values of the article. It has to do after using an item of each new, and I would like to automate this process. This can be accomplished in several ways:
1. use the basic version of the addon Pawn, and refine the automatic recount.
2. create a separate addon that will do the counting of these values, which can then be imported into the Pawn.
3. create a separate addon that will calculate the values of similar addon Pawn.

tnx.

Pawn leads to bad decisions.  Don't use it.  Two easy ways to not have to check Rawr constantly:

Short term upgrades - Write down what gear Rawr says are big direct upgrades.  Loot that gear.

Long term upgrades - Select all the gear you think you can get in ICC with green dots.  Optimize.  Write that gear down.  Loot that gear. 

Especially loot anything that is in both lists.

Editor
Jan 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Best (but most time-consuming) method for determining upgrades: Build Upgrade List.